Terms and Conditions
- In these Terms and Conditions the 'Tour de Work' is referred to as the 'Challenge'.
- The Challenge runs between to ('the Challenge period'). It is open to people aged 16 or over who are employed or live within the Adelaide City Council area.
- Registration is free via the Tour de Work website or the paper Registration Form.
- We recommend that approval is sought from management prior to an organisation registering into the Challenge.
- Upon registration, an organisation or department is classified as a team according to the number of staff employed by the registered organisation or department. There are six team size categories: 500+ staff, 200 to 499 staff, 50 to 199 staff, 20 to 49 staff, 7 to 19 staff and 3 to 6 staff.
- Organisations and departments with 1 or 2 employees can register into the Challenge. Team members are eligible to win cinema tickets and spot prizes, but they are not eligible to win a team prize/award. This is also true for individuals who register but do not assign themselves to an organisation.
- Bike shops/organisations and sustainable transport teams are welcome to join the Challenge but are not eligible to win a team prize/award.
- Once a team is registered, individuals from that organisation or department may register their individual participation into that team.
- Individuals can only register once on the site, with the exception of where an individual is employed by more than one organisation registered for the Challenge. Cycle trips should not be duplicated if an individual has more than one profile. Each cycle trip can only be recorded once and the individual should choose which profile to use to record the trip.
- If a team's size changes to more than or less than the team's original size category, it will automatically be moved into the appropriate size category.
- Individual and team registrations can continue throughout the duration of the Challenge period. The closing date for registrations and for recording any outstanding trips from the Challenge period is 24 hours after the end of the Challenge (i.e. 24 hours after midnight of ).
- A valid cycle trip is defined as a participant cycling for a minimum of 10 minutes on a pedal bicycle. Valid cycle trips do not include the use of motorcycles, conference bikes, scooters or stationary cycles. Cycle trips made via electric bikes are valid for the Challenge.
- Cycle trips must occur within the Challenge period to contribute to the team's results in the Challenge.
- Cycle trips must be recorded via www.tourdework.com.au or on the paper Registration Form. If trips are not recorded in this way, they will not contribute to the team's results.
- To record a trip on the website, go to www.tourdework.com.au/log-trip and complete the form. The trip will be recorded when the distance, date and trip purpose information is completed and the ‘Log Trip’ or ‘Log Trip and Log Another’ at the bottom of the Record a Trip page is selected.
- Only trips completed within the Challenge period will contribute to the individual’s profile and/or team’s results for the current 2013 Challenge. Cycle trips completed within the Challenge period can be recorded retrospectively up until 24 hours after the end of the Challenge (Challenge ends midnight of ).
- All participants take part in the Challenge at their own risk. All participants are responsible for ensuring that the bicycles they ride are in a roadworthy condition and are responsible for observing the rules of the road. NB: Neither the project partners, Challenge for Change, or any sponsors or promoters of the Challenge accept responsibility for any injury sustained or property damaged in the course of anyone's participation in the Challenge.
- Challenge for Change shall not be held responsible for any late, incomplete, corrupted, incorrect or illegible registrations as a result of any software or hardware failure, postal delay or otherwise.
- Any prizes relating to the Tour de Work exclude the employees and their immediate families of Challenge for Change, its partners or anyone professionally connected with the Challenge.
- The results and prize winners’ details, including cinema ticket winners’ will be made available for a period of six weeks from the end of the Challenge period.
- The official Challenge results and prize winners will be announced and published at www.tourdework.com.au on the 5th working day after the end of the Challenge. Up until this point, results are not final and are subject to change at any time.
- Any photos and stories uploaded on the Challenge website may be viewed by the general public. CTC Challenge for Change reserves the right to use any photos or stories uploaded on the website for promotional purposes.
- Participants are only entitled to win cinema tickets and one other prize. In the event that a participant wins more than one prize, they will be allocated the prize that they are drawn first for.
- To claim their prize, proof of age and identity may be required by the winner.
- Prize winners may be required to participate in publicity and promotional activities.
- Challenge for Change's decisions regarding Challenge results, winners and prizes is final and binding and no correspondence shall be entered into.
- Challenge for Change reserves the right to substitute any prizes for a prize of an equal, lesser or greater value in the event of circumstances beyond its control. No cash or alternative prizes are available.
- Challenge for Change and its project partners are not liable in any way for any misinformation, expenses, damages, liability or injury arising out of or in any way connected with the Challenge, Challenge website or prizes offered. It cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss or injury suffered as a result of accepting or experiencing any prize.
- Challenge for Change reserves the right to amend or cancel any aspect of the Challenge without notice.
- By registering, registrants confirm that they have read and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- There are 200 cinema tickets and 60 2-4-1 vouchers available. They will be allocated on a first come, first serve basis to individuals who meet the terms and conditions outlined below. Each participant can receive up to a maximum of 2 cinema tickets.
- The vouchers will be allocated to two types of people: ‘New Cyclists’ and ‘Encouragers’.
An Encourager will be eligible for a cinema ticket when the New Cyclist they encouraged nominates them on their record a trip form where it asks “Who, if anyone, encouraged you to ride a bike for this Challenge?”.
Survey responses will be used to categorise who is classed as a ‘New Cyclist’. First responses to this survey are final and cannot be amended once completed.
The vouchers are redeemable at the specified cinema and have a fixed validity period.
Cinema tickets will be delivered to the eligible winners within 4 weeks of the end of the Challenge. Challenge for Change are not responsible for any cinema tickets which are lost or void through damage, postal delivery or otherwiseAs an Adelaide City Council funded initiative, only businesses which are
located within the boundaries of Adelaide City Council will be eligible
for prizes, including cinema tickets. If you're based outside the
Adelaide City Council area but have met the criteria for a cinema ticket you'll be sent a 2-4-1 voucher instead.
- New Cyclists are defined as participants who ride a bike for the first time in a year for at least 10 minutes during the Challenge period and record their trip.
- Encouragers are defined as people who encourage a new cyclist to ride a bike for 10 minutes during the Challenge period.
- At the end of the Challenge period, organisations and departments which are in first, second, or third position for their size category may be requested to provide written confirmation from their organisation's HR department or a senior manager to confirm the exact number of staff that are employed in the winning organisation or department.
- The teams in first, second and third place will be awarded a Challenge certificate.
- The teams in first place will receive a team prize as detailed on the Prizes page of the website at www.tourdework.com.au/learn-more/prizes.
- Where two or more teams achieve equal highest percentage of staff participation, the winning team will be decided upon which team has achieved the highest percentage of non-cyclists (a non-cyclist is defined as someone who hasn't cycled at all in the 12 months before registering or has cycled only a few times in the year before the Challenge).
- Where two or more teams have achieved an equal percentage of non-cyclists, the winner will be decided by which one has achieved the highest percentage of occasional cyclists.
- Where two or more teams have achieved an equal percentage of occasional cyclists, the winner will be drawn at random.
- The exact details of the team prizes will be finalised once the winning teams and the number of participating staff members within them has been confirmed. All team prizes noted on the Prizes page are subject to change.
- The staff number is defined as the total number of paid or unpaid people employed within an organisation or department during the Challenge period, i.e. not just those participating in the Challenge.
- Only staff members who are on maternity leave, long-term sick leave, sabbatical, other long term leave, or based outside of the Challenge region for the full duration of the Challenge period may be excluded from the staff number.
- The Challenge is specifically for staff members of an organisation, this does not extend to students or pupils where they exist within the participating organisation.
- The deadline for confirming a team's staff number is 7 days before the end of the Challenge.
- It is the responsibility of the organisation or department’s Challenge Champion to ensure that staff numbers are correct.
- Where a Challenge Champion fails to confirm a team's staff number before the deadline, it will be at Challenge for Change's discretion as to whether any further changes will be allowed.
- Should a change in staff number in the last week of the Challenge result in a change in position on the results page/leaderboard, the decision will go in favour of any team that has been overtaken, as opposed to a team that has climbed the leader board by a late change in staff number.
Data Protection Statement
- Participants’ information will be held by Challenge for Change and its partners in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Data collected will be used by Challenge for Change to evaluate the programme and to demonstrate the impact it has on participants.
- Challenge for Change will use personal information submitted on registration to provide information or services relating to the Challenge programme. Personal data used will include name, email address and other supplied information.
- When users are logged into this website, the full name and organisation of another user will be visible. All individual and organisation profile pages will be accessible to all users logged into this website. Full names can be accessed but no contact details will be publicly viewable or accessible.
- Participants can opt out of receiving communications from Challenge for Change at any time.
- Challenge for Change will not pass on any personal information to third parties.
Data Protection Statement
Challenge for Change and Adelaide City Council will not pass on personal information to third parties.
- Challenge for Change will use the personal information submitted on
registration to provide information or services relating to the Tour de
Work programme. The personal data used will include name, email address
and other supplied information. Participants can opt out of receiving
communications from Challenge for Change at any time.
- "The Adelaide City Council (“the Council”) is committed to
maintaining a culture that respects each individual’s right to privacy.
You can find the Council's Privacy Statement here: http://yoursay.adelaidecitycouncil.com/privacy
Email Opt Out
- To opt out of receiving communications from Challenge for Change or the project partners at any time, go to www.tourdework.com.au/my/profile/edit and untick ‘I allow Tour de Work and its partners to contact me with information related to the Challenge or sustainable travel’ or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Alternatively, click on the ‘unsubscribe’ link on any email communication received.
The promoter is: Challenge for Change Ltd, University Gate East, Park Row, Bristol, BS1 5UB, UK.